New Cobra Irons 2023
Posted by Kelly on Feb 15, 2023
If you’ve shopped for a new set of golf clubs recently you probably have questions. What is the best iron set? Which clubs are best for my handicap? Is one brand better than another? Etc… In the world of golf clubs, options abound. The truth is, most premium brands make a wide range of clubs for all different levels and types of golfers. Here’s a look at what’s new for 2023 from Cobra Golf, specifically iron sets.
A number of tour pros play Cobra irons; Ricky Fowler, Jason Dufner and Gary Woodland just to name a few. Seeing Cobra irons on the Tour doesn’t mean they’ll work for you, but it does mean that Cobra makes a high quality product that is relied upon by some of the best in the game.
Cobra makes an iron for every level of player. High handicap, mid handicap, low handicap, beginner or professional can all find a great fit in the 2023 Cobra iron lineup. Here’s a look at what’s new for this year, arranged from most forgiving to least. Keep in mind that just because someone is a low handicap player doesn’t mean they won’t benefit from additional forgiveness in their golf clubs. In fact many good golfers attribute at least some of their success to abundant forgiveness and added distance in the modern golf equipment.
Forgiveness is not the only factor to consider when selecting an iron for your bag. Desired trajectory, distance, appearance, shaft options and cost will also be important considerations. Here’s a quick review of 2023 Cobra Irons to help you sort things out.
- Cobra AEROJET Irons: The AEROJET is Cobra’s most forgiving iron set for 2023. It has the largest head in the lineup, with the lowest center of gravity for the highest launch possible from a Cobra iron. The AEROJET also offers a substantial offset to help straighten out a “slice” or fade. This iron is available in steel shaft or graphite, including Senior Flex to help launch the ball even with slow to moderate club speeds.
- Women’s Cobra AEROJET Irons: The Women’s AEROJET includes all of the features of the Men’s AEROJET Iron with the added benefits of a more flexible, women’s shaft and a lighter swing weight for easy launch and great distance.
- Cobra King TOUR Irons: The King TOUR Irons include many benefits of a compact players club; excellent feel, reduced offset, mid trajectory and clean top line. It also features a compact cavity back for more perimeter weighting to improve forgiveness on off center hits. The King TOUR is well loved by a range of mid and low handicap players for it’s forged feel, clean appearance and discreet forgiveness. Read a further review of the 2023 Cobra King TOUR Irons here.
- Cobra King CB Irons: The CB irons are designed for a high ball speed, low handicap golfer; many of Cobra’s tour staff will carry the King CB. Cobra uses it’s 5-step forging process for solid feel. The King CB is designed to give good players more shot shaping ability, while slightly improving the forgiveness by adding a touch of forgiveness through perimeter weighting.
- Cobra King MB Irons: The King MB is a true tour iron; the closest thing Cobra makes to a traditional straight blade. The MB is known for it’s ultra-solid feel, instant feedback and maximum shot shaping ability. If you’re a high ball speed, low handicap golfer looking for a traditional muscle back iron, the King MB is worthy of consideration.
All 2023 Cobra irons are available from Just Say Golf with custom shafts, grips, length and lie angle. We can honestly say, 2023 could be Cobra’s best model year yet. You can also view specs and features for any of these clubs on their product page. as always, our club fitting professionals are available to answer any questions via email or phone call.